Beat the Cold and Flu Season with Homeopathy
Cold and Flu is always unpleasant and difficult to deal with. Even the mild cold is irritating and when it becomes severe, it starts interfering with our day to day activities. The running nose and the shivering body is often difficult to handle and we start feeling weak from within. Cold and Flu are caused by certain viruses and therefore, are difficult to cure. While there are many over the counter medicines available in medical stores to treat the conditions associated with cold and flu, they have certain side effects as well and therefore, are not recommended for kids at all. This is when you can rely upon Homeopathic remedies for cold and flu – a traditional mode of treating various diseases and a safer alternative to over the counter medicines.
Why Use Homeopathy Over Other Modern Medicines?
1) Homeopathic medicines are completely safe and don’t have any significant side effects.
2) They are easy to take and non-addictive.
3) Since it works at the level of the immune system, many of your other ailments also disappear naturally.
4) Homeopathic remedies address the root cause of the problem, instead of simply hiding the symptoms for some time.
5) Homeopathic medicines are regulated by FDA.
6) Homeopathic remedies for cold and flu are gentle enough even for the elderly and kids.
Homeopathic Remedies for Common Cold and Flu
1) Aconite Napellus (Acon.): Aconite is the remedy for the condition when a person suffers from fever after a sudden exposure to cold, dry winds and chilliness. Other symptoms include anxiety, restlessness, chills, and hot and red cheeks.
2) Allium Cepa (All-c.): It is one of the best homeopathic remedies for cold in the head. The nasal discharge is watery, profuse and burning. The warm room aggravates the condition and the patient starts sneezing even more. Other symptoms include bland tears, sore throat and lump sensation at the root of the nose.
3) Arsenicum Album (Ars.): A remedy for the patient suffering from streaming cold with watery and burning discharge from nose and eyes. Symptoms include restlessness and anxiousness in patients along with chills. Patient may also experience gastric flu causing vomiting and diarrhea. There is continuous sneezing, without relief.
4) Euphrasia (Euphr.): This homeopathic remedy for cold and flu is suggested to those patients whom upper part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected. The eyes are constantly streaming with a burning discharge and eyelids are swollen. The nasal discharge is bland. The cheeks become red due to the burning tears. The patient becomes sensitive to light and feels better in the open air.
5) Pulsatilla pratensis (Puls.): It is recommended to the patients that are in the advanced stage of cold in the head. The cold that thickens up blocking one nostril is usually treated with this homeopathic medicine. The patient experiences loss of smell and shortness of breath. The eyes become itchy and there is burning sensation with profuse yellow-green mucus in the morning. The nose and chest feels congested at night. Symptoms become worse in a warm room and the patient feels relived in the fresh air.
All these homeopathic remedies for cold and flu are extremely effective and safe to be consumed by even kids and elders.